Who doesn't love popcorn?! It's the perfect Friday night or Tuesday afternoon snack. Take your popcorn experience to a new level with the recipe people have been going crazy for!
To make 2 servings (8-10 cups):
1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil
SEA SPICE BUTTERY TOPPING
- Add oil into a pot on medium-low heat
- Add 3 corn kernels into the pot and cover
- Once the 3 corn kernels have popped you know the oil is at the right temperature; add the rest of the popcorn and remove from heat
- After 30 seconds, put the pot back on the heat and let the popcorn go crazy until it slows down and there is more than 5 seconds between pops
- While the popcorn is popping tilt and open the lid a couple of inches so the steam can escape and you will have crispy popcorn
- Pour all of the popcorn into a large mixing bowl
3-4 tablespoons of butter
3 teaspoons of SEA SPICE Original
- In the same pot you just used melt 3-4 tablespoons of butter
- Once the butter is melted allow to cool for about 1 minute
- Add in the SEA SPICE and stir well
- Pour the SEA SPICE butter very slowly onto your popcorn making sure to cover the popcorn as evenly as possible. If you have a squeeze bottle you can put the butter in there to make it easier
- Mix up the popcorn well and do a little dance!
- Shake on additional SEA SPICE generously to your preference, we recommend a LOT!
For an extra noochie version:
--> sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
For a bit of sweet heat
--> sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of SEA SPICE SRIRACHA
For a citrus lemon zest
--> sprinkle on 1 - 2 tablespoons of SEA SPICE LEMON
ENJOY and tell your friends hehe :)
Our go-to brand is Fireworks High Mountain Midnight (non-GMO premium popcorn that is all-natural, gluten free).